An easy and hearty dinner that uses burger.
1 – 10 oz. can of French onion soup (undiluted and divided for recipe)
½ cup breadcrumbs
¼ teaspoon salt
Pinch of black pepper
1-1 ½ pounds ground game or beef
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
¼ cup water
¼ cup ketchup
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon prepared mustard
6 cups cooked egg noodle or rice
- In a large bowl beat the eggs.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of French onion soup, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Add raw ground meat and into mix into bowl with prior ingredients (although messy-hands work best).
- Shape into six patties.
- Brown patties in a skillet over medium heat for 3-4 minutes each side. Remove patties from pan and set off to the side.
- Discard any dripping left in the skillet.
- In the same skillet combine the flour and water until smooth.
- Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and remaining soup.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Return patties to the skillet with the sauce that you just cooked.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is not longer pink.
Serve patties and gravy over noodles or rice.
Note: as you can see I sautéed some morel mushrooms and onions and added them to the sauce for the recipe that I took the photos from. However usually I use the recipe above as written.
One Response to Easy Salisbury Steak and Gravy