1 High Plains Bison Prime Roast
1/4 cup Caramelized Garlic oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon cracked Black Pepper
1-Tablespoon Sea Salt
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
10-15 fingerling potatoes, sliced in half or baby potatoes
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup baby carrots
1/2 of a yellow pepper large chop or sliced.
1 small yellow onion sliced
1. Thaw the Bison Prime rib in the refrigerator for 24 hrs or until completely thawed. Place on a cookie sheet tray to catch any drips that may occur. Remove from the packaging and pat dry. Pre-heat oven to 475F
2. Use a sharp knife and cut down into the top of the roast 1/4 of an inch making a diamond scored pattern on the roast.
3. Season the roast and rub well with the olive oil, pepper, salt and garlic
4. Season the veggies the same way and place on the bottom of your roasting pan
5. Place the scored and seasoned roast on top of the potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, yellow pepper and onions and put into the preheated 475F oven
6. Allow to roast for 30 minutes.
7. Shut off the oven and allow to rest for 1 hour…..do not open the door. If you want to look at the roast….turn on the oven light and look through the door.
8. After one hour remove from oven, slice and enjoy!!
**Hint, Hint….if you want your roast a little more RARE than Medium Rare shut the oven off after 30 minutes and allow to rest for 1 hr. If you want your roast a little more MEDIUM then shut the oven off after 45 minutes and allow to rest for an hour. This can vary depending on the size of roast you have my roast was smaller than you’d think for bison so I did mine with less time and it still got a little too done for my husbands taste. It’s a bit of a guessing game–even though this recipe is easy you still have to know a bit about cooking meat. Also the original recipe that I got this from didn’t have all the veggies in it but I had produce that needed to be used so I dumped them into the mix and it was an awesome addition.
Original Recipe from Highplainsbison.com