12 – 6” corn tortillas
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken I roasted 2 chicken breasts in the oven with oil, salt and pepper @400° for 25-30 minutes. Rotisserie chicken works well too.
3 cups Monterrey Jack Cheese, shredded
3 T. Flour
3 T. Butter
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
1 – 4 oz. can diced green chilies, I used 2 can for more spice
⅛ tsp. chipotle chili powder or Cheyenne
½ tsp. dried oregano
1 – 4 oz. can sliced black olives-if you desired.
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Mix the cooked and shredded chicken with 1 cup of jack cheese in a small mixing bowl.
- In medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat and add the flour.
- Stir to combine
- Cook for 1 minute
- Whisk in the broth stirring as it comes to a boil and has thickened and is smooth.
- Remove from heat
- Take a small bowl with the yogurt incorporate some of the hot broth into yogurt, keeping it from curdling.
- Then add that plus the green chilies, chili powder, oregano and olives all together.
- Take a 9X13” pan spread ½ cup of the sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or until pliable.
- Take one tortilla at a time put a spoonful (approx. ¼-⅓ cup) of the chicken and cheese mixture into the center of the tortilla and roll up.
- Place in the pan with seam side down
- Repeat until all the chicken and tortillas are gone.
- Pour the remaining sauce over te top of the enchiladas making sure that all the edges are covered.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 ½ cups of cheese over the top
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and hot